General Liability Insurance is provided by the State of Florida as required in accordance with Florida Statute 284. This coverage includes protection of the University, its officers, employees, agents, and designated volunteers while acting within course and scope of employment against any damages resulting from the actions or inactions of the University. This is a mandatory insurance. The University, through the State of Florida, has sovereign immunity to the extent specified in Florida Statute 768.28 with coverage of $200,000 per person up to a total of $300,000 per occurrence. As Florida State University is considered a State of Florida entity, all claims are administered by the Department of Financial Services.
- General Liability Loss Report [PDF]
- Incident Report (Notification of a witness event) [DOC] [PDF]
- General Liability Claimant Checklist [DOC] [PDF]
- Lien Disclosure Statement [DOC]
- Request for Taxpayer's Identification Number & Certification (IRS W-9) [PDF]