Additional Information and References
- Prudent Practices in the Laboratory : Handling and Management of Chemical Hazards, Updated Version (2011) The National Academies Press, National Research Council.
- "The Lab Standard" – OSHA– Occupational Exposure to Chemicals in Laboratories (29CFR 1910.1450) – Appendix A & B
- "Right to Know" - OSHA Hazard Communication Standard (29 CFR 1910.1200)
- NFPA30, 2003 edition, Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code – contact EH&S for copy.
- NFPA45, 2004 edition, Standard on Fire Protection for Laboratories Using Chemicals – contact EH&S for copy.
- NFPA55, 2005 edition, Storage, Use, and Handling of Compressed Gases and Cryogenic Fluids in Portable and Stationary Containers, Cylinders, and Tanks - contact EH&S for copy.
- EPA Waste Regulations (40 CFR Part 261-269)
- "Permissable Exposure Limits (PEL’s)" OSHA Toxic and Hazardous Substances (29 CFR 1910.1000 Table Z)
- 12th (2011 Edition) Report on Carcinogens - U.S. Department of Health and Human Services National Toxicology Program (NTP)
- ACS Guide for Chemical Spill Response